We are hiring a news reporter... Click Here

Manipur govt extends suspension of internet service

The Manipur government on Sunday extended the ban on internet services in the crisis-hit state by another five days till June 15, 2023.

The internet ban has been further extended for another five days to curb the spread of false news, rumours and misinformation through social media platforms which have the potential to disturb law and order situations in the state.

According to the statement, the internet ban has been extended till 3 pm on June 15.

Meanwhile, Manipur Information and Public Relations Minister DR Sapam Ranjan on Saturday said that no untoward incident has been reported from any part of the state in the last 24 hours indicating the return of normalcy in the state.

Addressing the media persons, the minister said that 349 relief camps are presently operational across Manipur.

Manipur has seen ethnic violence with Chief Minister N Biren Singh stating earlier this month that around 60 people have lost their lives in the clashes. Houses have also been burnt during the violence, with new incidents also reported from some parts of the state.